Thursday, July 11, 2013

Why It's Not Necessary to Diet

The title of this post is short and to the point. I don't think it's mandatory to diet. I think weight loss is very simple. I think there are only a few things you really need in order to reach your fitness goals despite all the great diet programs out there. Don't get me wrong, I think eating healthy is a great thing and I don't frown upon it at all, but it's not  necessary to diet in order to lose weight and here's why.

If You Burn More Calories Than You Eat, You're fine

A lot of people get stressed when they think of dieting. They think "oh no, I can't have potato chips anymore!". Do you think that's going to make them stick to their diet? No! I'm a firm believer in burning more calories than you eat. I'm in no way an expert, but I've never dieted in my life and I've never been overweight. I am simply conscious of how many calories I eat daily and make it a point to burn more calories that day than I've eaten. It does help to know the recommended daily calorie intake for your weight because you'll be better able to focus on the simple factors of eating and weight loss.

Have your chips, go to Burger King with your friends, but be aware that if you're just eating the foods you like on a regular basis and not putting in the effort to remove the calories you're eating, then you're not going to lose the weight you want. That's just a fact.

Your Metabolism Controls Your Weight

Fitness sessions help keep your heart rate up and when this happens and is done on a regular basis (daily) your metabolism improves immensely. This is what burns the fat. As you get older, your metabolism usually slows down unless you've been doing fitness sessions for years and you're in the habit of being healthier than average.

This is why older people usually get the "flabby arms". It's not being disrespectful, but that's just what happens and this is because most people aren't nearly as active as they were when they were younger. This can be avoided and it all comes down to being able to keep your metabolism up with daily fitness sessions and that will help you keep your muscle mass and avoid the "flabby arms" syndrome.

Don't over complicate the process of losing weight. I just wanted to point this out to anyone seeking the "perfect dream diet". The reason diet programs work is because everything is measure out and helps make you aware of how many calories you're consuming on a daily basis. Some diets focus on having less sugar, but the majority of the most successful diet programs simply reduce the amount of calories in the foods you're eating by supplying you with their own product or helping you moderate your eating habits.

This isn't a major science problem. It's simple and it's a lot less of a headache when you can understand how dieting works. If you're up for a diet, great, if not then it's time to put on your cross trainers and have a nice sweaty fitness session.

No comments:

Post a Comment